February 28, 2013
Posted by on
Blocking devices by MAC address again in order to preserve sanity. Some people, however, need access for their device. A quick guide to finding those MAC addresses:
Original Kindle (from technipages)
- From the Home screen, press Menu
- Select Settings
- The Wi-Fi MAC Address is located toward the bottom of the screen in the Device Info section
Kindle Fire (from Overton County Schools)
- From the home screen, tap on “Settings” in the top right corner
- Tap on “More”
- Tap on “Device” in the “Settings” Page
- MAC address is listed as “Wi Fi Mac Address”
iPad (from iPad to PC)
- Select the settings icon
- Tap “General” and then “About”
- The MAC address is listed as “Wi-Fi Address” (format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)
Windows (from custhelp.com)
Windows 7 / Vista
- Click the Wireless Network Connection icon from within your system tray (near the clock).
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select View status.
- Select Details.
- The MAC address is listed as Physical Address:
- Click on Start and click on Network Connections on the right side of the menu
- Double-click on Local Area Connection (to find the MAC address of wired adapter) or Double-click on Wireless Adapter (to find the MAC address of the wireless adapter), or if you have a wireles connection icon in your system tray you can double-click on it!
- Click on the “Support” tab
- Click on “Details”
- The MAC address is the Physical Address (format is xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx)